picked this up from rick.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
go solo as designer
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
i didnt make any new years’ resolutions. that way i wont break any hehe
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
a colleague from the garden of good and evil did. i stood ninong in the baptismal (that’s toby in the photo below). another fine arts friend also fathered a child. havent seen the kid though. is that you, suri cruise?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
a good friend died, PK (pastor kevin along with wife belle in a freak car accident on valentines day). press release here
5. What countries did you visit?
none this year. but i did get to visit bohol and baguio. does that count?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
i’d say there’s always room for improvement 🙂 id want an improved work ethic, work organization, controlled temper and a better diet haha
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
nothing in particular, everything in general
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
going solo as prod designer and scoring some pretty impressive projects that will hopefully help get more projects next year 🙂
9. What was your biggest failure?
i could have done better hehehe
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
i have a weird thing obstructing my esophagus. it comes and goes. and i havent had a check up.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
luna, my 15in macbookpro 😉
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
our service driver, roger. probably also our setman, buboy. very level-headed people
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
id rather not say. most of these behaviors (umm, persons) affected me much at the end of this year before i left for mindanao. hahaha
14. Where did most of your money go?
to Luna, my dad’s medical needs, food, unnecessary purchases, pirated dvds, underwear hahaha
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
a planned vacation in subic then in baguio for carlo and me that never took place hehe too busy
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2008?
for now, disturbia
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? — happier
ii. thinner or fatter? — Fatter
iii. richer or poorer? — richer financially, richer in relationship
18. What do you wish you’d done more?
done other things aside from my day job
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
22. How many one-night stands?
none. yey !
23. What was your favorite TV program?
programs! project runway, ugly betty, fringe, top chef, a little bit of pushing daisies
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
there have been moments of irritation and inconvenience with people at work but none to merit a trip to the hate list 😉
25. What was the best book you read?
do graphic novels count? leinel yu’s superman birthright, (maybe) arnold arre’s martial law babies and (definitely) budjette tan’s trese.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
id say re-discovery. the eraserheads
27. What did you want and get?
having my own laptop and getting all hooked up 🙂
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
i went home to mindanao and celebrated it with white water rafting and food. then i came back to manila and celebrated it again with carlo and friends. im… 19
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
im grateful regardless 🙂
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
a little bit of color to the wardrobe. towards the end of the year, i went back to black
32. What kept you sane?
God. the family. carlo
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
the anti-pornography bill. im affected as an artist and a filmmaker
35. Who/what did you miss?
more time with the family in mindanao
36. Who were the best new people you met?
a handful of people at work. i appreciate sincerity and some stood out from the rest.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
Trust in the Lord your God.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
“i love the mountains, i love the clear blue sky/
i love big bridges, i love when great whites fly/
i love the whole world, and all its sights and sounds…”